Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Big Brother

The kids decided we needed to go for a bike ride last night after the rain storm. So off we went, well about .25 miles into the bike ride we noticed Brooke had a flat, so I told Kylee and Ben to finish going and I would take Brooke home. Well try convincing a 3 year old that she has to go home because of a flat, she was really mad at me. Anyway Brooke and I got about 1 block from home and I hear Ben and Kylee behind us and Ben says "Mom I have a flat." Great that is exactly what I wanted to hear. So we got home and Ben took the tires off the bikes so Jaime could fix them.
Well Jaime got the tires fixed, but didn't have time to get them on the bikes, so Ben decided he would give it a try. He got Brooke's tire on pretty well, he just had a question about where a little washer thing was supposed to go, so I helped him out. He tightened her tire up and off she went. His bike took a little more time though. He has a front brake and we had to let some air out of the tire to get it through the brake. He knew exactly how to let the air out and once we were able to get the tire on he tightened it up and took it out for a ride. It was so fun to watch him work and to see him take care of his sister's bike as well as his own, I guess he made me proud!! Here are a few pics.
Finding the right wrench.

Fixing Brooke's bike.

Getting his tire on.

Tire is on, now just tightening the bolts!!

No comments: