Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Years Eve

We like to hang out as a family for New Years Eve and last year we started a new tradition of staying up and playing games as a family to ring in the new year. Well this year was a little different. We had a good snowstorm throughout the day and evening of new years eve, so when Jaime got home from work we decided to head up to the college and do a little sledding. I was a little worried about Brooke because last year when we went sledding she didn't like it very much. Well this year was a little different, she couldn't wait to get to the hill and as soon as we found a spot she was the first one on the tube. She did great and she even walked up and down the hill without WHINING at all. The only problem we had was she wanted to go down every time and if she wasn't on the tube then she would chase after it and while she would chase she would lose her balance and go face first into the snow. It was really funny to watch her chase the tube like a little puppy.

So after we all got cold we came home and grandma Tolman had fixed dinner so we went and ate over there and visited for awhile.
 When we got home the kids could hardly wait to play games, Kylee got monopoly for Christmas and was so excited to be able to play it. So we started playing at about 7:00 and we played until 11:30.

 I now remember why I HATE monopoly, that game never seems to end. It was fun to watch the kids work with the money, but in the end Ben had the most money, so we crowned him the winner.

While we were playing Brooke felt a little left out, so she decided to play Cootie, she didn't get very far before she fell asleep!!


We hope you all had a wonderful new year and wish you the best with your new endeavors.

1 comment:

Kim A. Hodges said...

I agree - I hate Monopoly because it takes soooo long! I can only laugh at Brooke face-planting it. That is hilarious!!!