This is the first year I have ever made any candy for the holidays. I think I always thought it was too much work and I wouldn't be able to do it right. But last year I spent a day at Carolyn's with the kids dipping candy and realized it wasn't as much as I thought it was. So I set off to do it all by myself this year.
I started on the day I took off of work to go see Ben in his Christmas program at school. So I decided to start with peanut butter balls. Brooke was home with me and you can't tell her she can't help, so I showed her how to roll the balls and then let her do it on her own. The only problem with this was she would roll the ball and eat it. So I hurried and finished those while she was eating cereal.
The next task on my list was orange slices. I let Kylee and Brooke help with these. I think Brooke just likes the chocolate, but Kylee knew exactly what needed to be done and got it done.
I also did some inside out oreos which I didn't let the kids help with.
But since school is out and I had some chocolate leftover I decided to let the kids have at it. I warmed the chocolate and gave them pretzels and they had a blast.
I think Ben had a little too much fun with the sprinkles!!
Brooke wanted to lick the bowl!!
The best part of it all is now I'm done until next year and to those of you who actually got to try our candy I hope you enjoyed it. Merry Christmas!!
1 comment:
I'm with Brooke! It's just sooo tasty. :) I'm sure your kids absolutely loved every minute of it!
Post a Comment