Since we didn't have time during the week to carve our pumpkins we decided to do it first thing this morning. The kids had a blast except for digging out the guts!! It took Brooke awhile to decide to help with that. Kylee and Ben both picked their own designs and were able to do some craving this year. Actually we let Kylee carve her pumpkin and I she really enjoyed not having to have us help her. It is so sad that she is growing up and wants to do stuff without our help.
The rest of the day was spent cleaning up the house so we could go trick or treating, I love the power of holding that stuff over the kid's heads to get them to help out!! I know I'm mean.
For halloween we had a deer hunter (Ben), Alice in Wonderland (Kylee), and Jasmine (Brooke). Jaime's sister made the girls costumes when her daughter was younger and she was so kind to let us borrow them for this year.
The school held their annual carnival on Friday so we let the kids wear their costumes to the carnival. I'm always amazed at how much stuff or crap they get at the carnival, but they always have a fun time. This year I was brave and let Kylee run around with her friends, I'm always afraid of losing one of the kids somewhere, but I think she is finally getting old enough I can trust her to not get lost. The other 2 had to stay with us, but they still had a good time. The down part to the carnival this year was I didn't win anything this year. I guess I won the big prize last year, so I won't win anything now for a few years!!
On Saturday our ward had the trunk or treat again so of course we headed to the church. The kids always love going to the church because not only do they get lots of candy, but they also get hot chocolate and doughnuts too. And this years hot chocolate was really yummy. After trunk or treat we hit a couple of family members homes and then headed home.
We never turn on our light for trick or treaters because we never have enough candy left to hand out and we like to watch a movie with the kids when we get home. But I'm always amazed at how many people still knock on the door. If I remember right we were always taught to NOT go to a house if the lights were off. I guess things have changed, but it still irritates me a little bit. So we decided to hurry and fix dinner and went downstairs to watch our movie, so if more people came we couldn't hear the door!!!
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween.
3 comments:
I am surprised that Brooke eve helped get the guts out! It sounds like you guys had a pretty good day...I do agree that maybe next year you & Jaime should dress up as well!
Brooke looks way to innocent and the other two are getting way to big.
Don't let the innocent look fool you!!!!!!!! They did look cute on Halloween. I didn't get to see the pumpkins, but from the pictures they did a good job.
Post a Comment