Last weekend we went to visit our friends in Arco and while we were there we decided to go to Yellowstone and take the kids to see Old Faithful. I remember coming to Yellowstone as a kid and remembered seeing lots of animals and I really liked watching Old Faithful.
As we were driving through we would see animals along the roadside and it was funny to see how stupid people really are, they would stop in the middle of the road and block traffic for a mile just so they could take a picture of the animal, you would think they would at least pull off the road. But we always knew when there was an animal close by because the all the cars in the other lane would be stopped and people would be out taking pictures.
We did get to see a couple buffalo and when we saw the first one Ben loved it. He kept telling us "that was awesome" we gave him a camera to take pictures, but because he is short, he had a hard time getting any good ones, but he loved it.
When we got to Old Faithful I was in total shock, when I went as a kid we would sit on old wooden benches to watch it erupt, but now they have a huge observation deck with really nice benches, they have a really nice lodge, a grocery store and they are building some more buildings, I don't remember what they are, but when I was a kid it was nothing like this.
We had a great time and have decided when we go back again we are going to pull the trailer down and camp, so we can spend some more time going through the park and seeing more stuff.
This was one of the pools at the fountain paint pots, I loved how blue it was, but it was also extremely hot.
If you look really close you can see a bunch of squirrels on the sign. They were so cute and just kept chasing each other around.
Old Faithful.
One of the "awesome" buffalo.
Our wonderful hosts and travel guides, thanks Torey and Angela for a great weekend. We can't wait to come back.
1 comment:
Ok,I looked. Are you happy! Actually, I am so jealous! I want to go! I remember going there when we were younger, too. I am so glad you got to go and hopefully, someday, I will be able to take my kids there. I bet they would love it, too. Maybe we should plan on going as a group, you take your camper and me the tent and we could have fun!
Love ya
Post a Comment