Sunday, October 26, 2008

Slow Down

I can't believe how much time has past since I lasted posted, it feels like just last week Kylee got baptized and then I looked at the calender and realized it has already been a month.

With school in full swing I'm amazed at how much time I spend reading to Ben and helping get homework done everynight. I always hated doing homework in school and now I'm the person telling the kids to get their homework done before they go and play outside. I always hated being told I couldn't play until my homework was done.

Jaime has spent the last few weekends hunting, and he did get his doe, so last Saturday he spent the day cutting it up.

We have also been busy getting stuff done around the house that we have wanted to get done but just haven't gotten to. We rearranged out family room and moved the food storage cabinet well in doing that we had to empty the food out, well Brooke found something to do in the empty cabinet and I just couldn't help but laugh. Oh and Ben lost another tooth.


We have made it throught the first nine weeks of school and with that brings the ever famous halloween carnival at the Fruitland school. The PTO puts a lot into this carnival, the kids sell raffle tickets they have amazing food and lots of games for the kids. Our kids just can't ever get enough of it. This year was a little bit nicer for us. I had to spend 3 hours Friday helping set up for the carnival this year. I had never helped except for working in a booth last year, but set up was a lot of work and it really made me grateful for all the people who have done it in the past.

While I was working one of the ladies that works with the PTO came up to me and started a little chant "I know something you don't know and I can't tell you" well she then phoned the secretary at my school and told her the news and the secretary comes and finds me and starts chanting. Well when we got to the carnival I was told to go and check out the raffle prize winners. So I'm checking it out and I find my name and next to my name I see that I had one the big prize. We won a new computer. We are pretty excited and Jaime seems to think it is for him, but we all know better than that.

1 comment:

The Fuhrmann's said...

That is awesome that you won a COMPUTER!!! I have never won anything in my life that big. Tell Jamie that the computer is yours and to leave it lone.