We had originally planned a Anderson Family campout for this trip, but due to some unforseen activities, it was only us and Kim and Roger that actually camped. Mom and Dad came up Saturday for the day and I think they actually had a good time, we were really glad they came and can't wait for next year when they actually plan on camping!!
We left Thursday evening as we pulled into the campground we were excited to see that we were the only ones in the campground. After we got everything set up we pretty much ate and went to bed, which was a good thing, at about 4:15 a.m. we start hearing noises like a train coming, well we know there are no tracks up there and later realize that there is some logging going on, but we thought that was plenty early to get started.
So Friday after breakfast we decide to go for a nice little bike ride. The kids are loving it, they love to go for bike rides, but to actually get to leave the campground is even better. We didn't make it too far and Kim couldn't take it (she has not ridden her bike in over a year), so we kind of didn't ride bikes much after that.
So we go for a drive, there is a geocache at tablerock that I am dying to get so we set off to see if we can make it. It was a great drive, we saw some deer and even a buck with the velvet still on. The farther we went we started hitting snow. So I'm thinking no big deal we have 4 wheel drive, well the snow gradually got worse. The boys loved it (I guess it is a guy thing) the kids enjoyed it too. But it ended up being just too much snow so we decided we would have to attempt it on a future trip. After that drive we were all pretty wiped, so for the rest of the day all we did was sit around camp and relax. This is the boys checking things out!!
Saturday we had lots of things going on, Jaime's brother came up camping and they wanted to go fishing and I wanted to take Kim and Roger on a nice little hike. So we all went our seperate ways.
We climbed a nice mountain which Kim will agree is no where near as bad as the last mountain we climbed together. It had some really pretty views from the top. As we were looking at the view we could actually see on the other mountain where they were logging. It was kind of cool.
The great fishermen didn't catch anything, but it was fun for them to go out and just do something together. They don't see each other a lot so it was good for them.
Mom and Dad arrived about 1:30 and after sitting around for awhile and visiting we decided to go for a drive. We took them to one of my geocaches up there so they could see a nice view. Well Dad was doing great until we turned onto the road headed to the cache. It was a little rough and he was worried about his truck the whole time. I loved every minute of it and I admitted to him in the end that I purposely didn't tell him about the road because I knew he wouldn't have taken the truck up there. But he was real good about it and I think he actually enjoyed the view.
So the worst part of camping is the packing up to come home. We had a wonderful time and we can't wait to go next year. Here is some fun pictures!!
3 comments:
You just wait. Next year I'll be a little more prepared for the bike ride!!! :) We definitely had a lot of fun & can't wait for next year.
Well, AJ is the only one left with tonsills and there is no chance he will need his out. So, next year we shouldn't have any surgeries stopping us from the campout. We were really bummed that we couldn't go. Sorry we couldn't do the Saturday thing either. So, let us know when we will be planning the next trip.
It was fun to drive up there. I didn't really know that area existed until Saturday. I can't believe how many trails and stuff there were and lots of places to camp for free (but no restrooms) Dinner was great but of course the corn was the best (justkidding) I am looking forward to next year and I hope we have something to camp in. We may have to take over your trailer and you can sleep under the stars!!!!!!
Post a Comment