I never realized how busy the month of May is, but I get home from work and just feel totally exhausted. There is so much going on in May, the kids at school are all going on field trips and doing programs that school is pretty much a place for them to go during the day. It also throws all the kids off schedule they get so used to a routine at school then May comes and nothing is the same, you feel like you are just flying by the seat of your pants and you don't know where you are going next.
So last Saturday was Spring Fair and for the kids in Fruitland it is a huge day, they all get to sing for everyone, they get to show off their art work for the year and they get to march in the parade. We didn't have to be there until 11:45, but from then on out it felt like we were running. Kylee sang at 12:00 and they were really good, then I had to watch the kids from my school sing and after that is was a mad dash to the park to get a spot to sit for the parade.
Ben loved the parade we sat by a little boy who will be in his kindergarten class next year and they had a blast chasing candy. We watched and watched as the kids came by with their classes just watching for Kylee, I can usually spot her, but she was in the front this year and I missed her, but she spotted me and everyone said "there's Kylee" and sure enough there she was waving with a big grin on her face.
We all had a great time and came home with just a little bit of sunburn, but it is all about the kids and they can't wait for spring fair next year, especially Ben he gets to march in the parade next year. I can't believe he will be that old!!
1 comment:
Boy, Kylee looked like she was having so much fun! j/k I'm sure she was.
Post a Comment