Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter Weekend






I am a person that enjoys a lazy weekend, but this did not happen for us this weekend at all. Jaime's sister came to town to have a birthday party with Brooke and then there were easter egg hunts and dinners to be eaten.




So it started out pretty quite, we went to the easter egg hunt at the college. This was Brooke's first year to be able to get down and get the eggs and she really had a good time. I think the part she liked best was finding the candy in the eggs.




Then we had her little party and she seems to enjoy pulling the clothes out of the bags and looking at them, then when we would put them back in the bag she would pull them out again, it was a game for her.




The wonderful ladies in the lunchroom at my school made a birthday cake for Brooke for me and I really liked it. The only problem we had was everyone wanted the cupcake in the middle (which was a chocolate chip muffin) but there was no fights and in the end Brooke ended up with it!!




Then here comes Sunday we head to church which seems to last forever because I have so much at home to do to get ready for dinner.




After church we hurry and go to grandma's for another easter egg hunt, which the kids totally love. The only problem is now Brooke has figured out that the eggs have candy and all she wants to do is open them and get the candy, so I felt like I was just pulling her to the next egg.




Now Kylee and Ben on the other hand were going like mad to get the most eggs. They really love doing that and the best part was having their cousins there to hunt with them. I just love to see the glow in the kids's eyes when they have a full bucket and it is time to go in and check the loot!!




Now after the hunt it was back to our place for dinner, which I thought was pretty good, we all ate a lot and enjoyed each others company. Kim and Roger even made the trip over to eat with us and we really enjoyed having them over I only wish we could spend more time with them.




So that was our busy weekend and as much as I love holiday weekends I'm always glad when they are over and life is back to normal.




1 comment:

Kathy said...

The kids all look pretty sharp in their new clothes. Just where is Kylee's hat that I bought her? I agree it would be nice to have one day of the week that you can just relax and do nothing. I am still trying to figure that one out. Just be glad you have places to go and people to see and friends and family to be involved with. What would life be without all of them. I know it would be much quieter, but it would also be pretty lonely.