Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another Change

I really don't think that it is safe to feel comfortable in a church calling, because just as soon as you do the Lord decides to make a change. Well this time the change wasn't for me (I'm still not comfortable in my calling) it was for Jaime. He has been in and out of the Elder's Quorum presidency since we have been married and this time was no exception, he has been serving as a councelor for awhile now and just recently the president moved, which means time for a change!! So a couple of weeks ago Jaime and I were called in to meet with the Stake President, which is something that we don't try and do on a regular basis, but this time we had a feeling it was for Jaime and boy were we right, he extended the calling of Elders Quorum President to Jaime. Jaime of course accepted and has gone right to work. I think he was comfortable where he was at in his calling and I don't think he ever expected to get this calling, but I know he will do a great job and I'm excited for him. This calling has already brought he and I closer together which I feel is a great blessing and I can't wait to see some of the other blessings that will come as we continue to serve the Lord in our callings.

No comments: