This year in school the 5th graders were learning about latitude and longitude, so we decided to teach them to geocache to go along with that unit. We had a great time and really enjoyed watching the kids, so to make it even better we decided to take a day this summer and go caching. Now keep in mind the people I went with had only ever done the caches I set up at school, which weren't the best, but they had fun. So we set up a day and made our lunches and went out caching. It was so fun for me to watch everyone search for the cache, I know it wasn't totally fair because the first couple we went to I had already done so I was able to help a little bit and enjoy watching them make the find. However after the first couple we went looking for some caches I hadn't found and then the competition got heated. After I found the next 2 caches easily and didn't hardly give them a chance it turned into a competition and everyone was racing to find it before me, I have to admit they were successful and found a few before I did, but I loved the competition. The day was wonderful and we all had a great time, I'm still thinking that next time we will have to go to the hills, or somewhere that I haven't been before just to make it fair for everyone. Here are a few pictures of the fun we had and the people I get to work with during the school year, they are great people and I'm very blessed to have them in my life.
 |
| I'm supposed to go where? |
 |
| Searching for the cache. |
 |
| We found it!! |
 |
| Are you sure it is out here? |
 |
| Oh wait here it is!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment